The MINI 60 Years Edition. Available From March 2019.
On 26 August 1959, British Motor Corporation (BMC) proudly revealed a car that captured the imagination of the world and revolutionised the compact car segment.
Six decades later MINI now marks the brands 60th birthday and kick-starts the anniversary year with the MINI 60 Years Edition - a limited run of 500 very special vehicles.
- The MINI 3-door Hatch Cooper S 60 Years Edition will be offered exclusively with an automatic transmission in the UK.
- The exterior design features a new British Racing Green IV paint finish and piano black exterior trim.
- Black roof and exterior mirror caps, special anniversary design bonnet stripes and model exclusive 17-inch light alloy wheels in 60 Years Spoke 2-tone.
- The 60 Years emblem completes the vehicle, uniquely placed on the left-hand bonnet stripe, side scuttles of the turn indicators and LED logo projection from the driver’s door.
- Every model in the UK will be sold with an additional set of MINI spot lamps fitted to the front radiator grille.The limited edition vehicle has a distinctly designed interior with model specific finishes using the 60 Years emblem, including the steering wheel and front seats.
- The seats are finished with MINI Yours Leather Lounge in Dark Cacao with contrast seat stitching and piping matching the new exterior paintwork– an exclusive leather for this vehicle.
- Navigation Plus pack is included, providing a larger 8.8” touch display with Satellite Navigation, Apple CarPlay, Bluetooth connectivity, concierge service and wireless charging. In addition, a rear view camera, folding exterior mirrors and front and rear Park Distance Control (PDC) can be found on the vehicle, courtesy of the Comfort Plus Pack.
The MINI 60 Years Edition is the first of many celebrations planned for 2019 that will champion the brand’s rich heritage in Britain and its continuous dedication to innovation. Much like Alex Issigonis’ first car in 1959, MINI has continued to push the boundaries whilst keeping creative use of space, driving fun, style and individualisation at its core.