New MINI Countryman Plug-in Hybrid
MINI’s first ever Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicle (PHEV) -
MINI Cooper S E Countryman ALL4, launched in the UK on 24 June 2017.
The new MINI Countryman plug-in hybrid offers the best of both worlds; a perfect combination of petrol engine and electric motor. This new, ultra-efficient model helps to achieve maximum efficiency without losing MINI’s signature driving excitement.
The MINI Cooper S E Countryman ALL4 is able to run on electricity alone not just in urban traffic, but for long distances too – at a top speed of 77mph and with a range of up to 26 miles.
The front wheels are powered by the combustion engine, the rear wheels by the electric motor offering ALL4 traction with a combined system output 224hp and 385Nm of Torque. It packs quite a punch too, sprinting from 0-62mph in just 6.8 seconds while achieving a combined fuel consumption of up to 134.5 mpg and a CO2 figure of 49g/km.
- Virtually no recognisable transition between electric motor and petrol engine
- Sustainable drive, emitting just 49g CO2/km
- Electric top speed of 77mph
- Purely electric drive within a 26mile range
- Acceleration from 0 to 62mph in 6.8 seconds
The PHEV model offers three driving modes:
- MAX eDRIVE for use in urban environments, the vehicle is powered solely by the electric motor whilst the battery holds enough charge.
- AUTO eDRIVE for maximum efficiency as both, engine and electric motor work together.
- SAVE BATTERY to enjoy electric driving when needed, it allows the driver to conserve or build up the high –voltage battery’s reserves for later on.